Friday, October 9, 2009

Brownies for breakfast

By Jenn
Hello blogosphere! Susan has been wonderful getting this all set up for us. You'll probably learn quickly through our writing that I may occasionally have great ideas, but (thankfully) Susan is much more of a "follow-through-er".

So, while Susan has been working hard on getting focused, I have whined about being UNfocused. Ok, that's an understatement. While Susan was working hard on accomplishing a daily goal, I was eating a brownie for breakfast. (Before you jump to conclusions of judgement, think about what you would have done with a perfect corner of brownie staring at you from the counter to your left and a ice cold glass of milk to your right. I'll just bet you would have found it irresistible too!)

These kind of life choices are exactly why I am participating in this new blog adventure. I want to be able to resist the brownie, perhaps not EVERY time (I am still human, after all), but 95% of the time. I want to have the ability to make a batch of enchiladas and not end up eating them straight out of the fridge at 11pm. I want to WANT to get outside and MOVE. I want to be able to walk in to any store and know they carry jeans in my size. Above all, I want to be a person of self-control and discipline. I want to honor God with my spirit, soul AND body.

So, here I am. I'm a living example of Romans 7:15. I don't want to be eating brownies for breakfast. I don't want to be unhealthy. I want to be vibrant, active and loving life both in and out. My actions, however, have not supported a vibrant, active lifestyle.

That is all about to change. I don't know how long it will take. I don't know what all we're going to have to do, but it's going to get done! 2 Timothy 1:7 says "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control." If God's word says it, then we can live it. And if Susan and I can testify to anything, we can testify to this: With God ALL things are possible! (we'll share more of that story later)

No comments:

Post a Comment