Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Setting myself up

By Susan
It is Wednesday and time to check in. I haven't been as consistent in my blog writing like I want to be; hopefully I can get on track. Having the cast removed from my hand definitely makes it easier to type.
I have been doing ok the past couple days. I haven't been eating like I planned but I have been drinking my water which for me is a huge accomplishment and I have been getting out and walking with my girls. I am doing something; however, the grand plan in my head has me running miles and super skinny by this point. Did I mention that all that was to happen on the first day?
I'm trying not to get disappointed that the pounds haven't melted away just because I drank some water and went for a couple of walks. I know that it took years for me to get this way and I can no longer think I can change that in one or two days. I have decided to take some steps to keep me from dwelling on things the first is I have put some scriptures up in my bathroom, on the frig and in my wallet and the second is to remove my scale from the bathroom. Another big big help has been my weekly talks with Jenn. Jenn is the only one (including my husband) that knows my "real" weight. I think it is important to find a friend, someone you can be completely honest with about struggles and to celebrate accomplishments rather it is losing weight or trying to be the person God intended for you to be. These are the things I believe can help me at this moment. I realize as time goes by there will be other things to deal with and to conquer but this is where I am choosing to start. What are some things that can help you get started ?

~Susan

Here are the scriptures I have posted:

1Peter 1:13 (NIV) "Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed"

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control

No comments:

Post a Comment