Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'm Back and ready to jump!

by Jenn
I took an unintentional hiatus from blogging both here and there, but I'm back and ready to get this weight loss party started! I know what you're thinking, "She sounds too ridiculously peppy to be talking about dieting." Perhaps I do sound a little silly, but I can't help but get excited because I finally have a goal that is measurable, challenging and yet (with some serious hard work) still attainable. Are you ready to hear it? (drum roll please...)

My goal is to lose 5lbs BEFORE Thanksgiving and 5lbs more BEFORE Christmas!!! I know, I know, it's the holiday season and it's crazy to try to lose weight in November or December, but I have great logic behind why I chose this goal.

I have been overweight going on over 10 (yikes) years and there have always been "great" reasons to wait on losing weight. I was dealing with work, then I was dealing with infertility, then miscarriage, then infertility drugs, then work stress, then friendship stress, then IUI procedures then (finally) pregnancy, then a new baby, then a busy summer, then-oh wait-then is NOW. I've come to the conclusion that there is never a "good time" to lose weight. There is, however, always time to hate having a fat bottom, low energy and zero confidence. (Funny how that works, isn't it?)

So, here I am, jumping back in to weight loss with a head full of excuses on why this is bad timing, but a heart just as full of reasons why I must be who God wants me to be. (Besides, maybe working so hard to lose 5lbs will keep me from gaining during the holidays???)

Here's my game plan for this week: Exercise at least 4 times and write down what I eat.

Here's to 5lbs by Turkey Day...Geronimo!!!

1 comment: